Remember, the audition is the constant rite of passage every actor must walk. Your first job is to audition well. Getting the part is the often unexpected but well deserved payoff. So why not come in as prepared, confident and secure in your process as possible?
Having auditioned thousands of actors over the years, I am constantly struck by how uncomfortable many of them are when walking into the audition room. Be it nerves, insecurity, a lack of confidence or preparation, or just plain lack of auditioning experience, actors often sabotage the one opportunity they have for making the kind of impression necessary for a casting director to say, “now that’s a good actor”, whether or not you are “right” for the role you are reading for or not.
In your ½ hour or full hour session you will learn to:
- Fully understand the material with a thorough character and script analysis and a comprehensive interpretation of sides.
- Access the emotional life of the character with a specific and detailed approach that will deepen your intentions and strengthen your connection to the character.
- Acquaint yourself with the genre requirements of the material and how genre affects your approach to the audition and your interaction with Casting.
- Learn to make the kind of active, honest choices that will create self confidence in your work and inspire confidence in the casting director.
- Coaching can be for a specific audition, or a work out session.
Take the steps now to create an effective and memorable audition!